Matamata, New Zealand
We are looking to hire a talented graphic designer to join our fast paced team at Waikato Printing Company. In your role, you will work on all things digital, design & print, from designing new client brands through to designing print materials for clients, and assisting in the digital print process.
You will deal with multiple clients on a day to day basis, providing an industry leading experience to clients to enable the creation of awesome designed experiences.
Our customers are at the centre of everything you do, and providing a great customer experience is critical.
- Designing brands
- Brand support products (e.g print materials)
- Designing things such as business cards, post cards, brochures, books and more! (explore our website to get an idea of the types of things we design).
- Have a fast turn around on great looking designs
- Printing digital print jobs on our digital colour printer
- Finishing jobs using our finishing tools, such as lamination, cutting, and packaging
- Quality control – ensuring each job meets our high print finish standards
- Providing customer service (e.g helping new customers, discussing design options with clients)
- Answering phones and dealing with customer requests in a timely manner
- Helping at the front of shop when required.
This role is suited to someone who has great design experience. For example – you will be the type of person who can work independently, and solve problems by yourself (e.g using tools, and resources available to you to solve them).
- A bachelors degree or higher in design (at least 3 years of study)
- At least 1 years paid experience in working on design platforms (e.g Indesign, Illustrator, or similar)
- 2-3 years experience working in a role of an internal designer for an organisation, or 1 year in a similar business to Waikato Printing Company
- A portfolio that will make our design team impressed (i.e. if your portfolio is 10 years old from a site made in Wix, then this is not what we are looking for)
- Must understand print production (e.g bleeds, trim marks etc).
- Great written & verbal english skills (i.e. you can send a professional email without grammatical or spelling errors)
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT GREAT IF YOU:
- Have a full understanding of print production colour
- Experience in magazine or newspaper design
- Experience in Workflowmax, Xero and other workflow tools
- Can explain the difference between colour types (Pantone, CYMK, RGB, web colours etc)
- If you want to have a confidential chat to learn more about this role, feel free to call Tim (company director) on 027 310 3623. Feel free to leave a message if he doesn’t answer, he is in meetings sometimes!
- Ideally the candidate would re-locate or live close to Matamata.
- Windows or Mac – you can choose what you use within our business.
- We love 40 hour work weeks, that is, trying to not exceed 40 hours. This is part of our core values, and reflects the fact that we know that you will get your best work done within 40 hours. We don’t like companies that make staff work 60 hours weeks – not cool!
- Don’t send a CV through that has links in it that are not clickable, or selectable. Applications that have this will be discarded automatically.
- Check your links before you submit them. If you are linking to a portfolio website, then make sure it works. If you are linking to your LinkedIn, then make sure this works (crazy we would have to say this, right?!)
- If you have any crazy restraints of trade in your current employment, or a long notice period (e.g 2 months), let us know. This is fine – but we like to know about this up front.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPLY:
Your application may be pre-screened by our HR team. This is to check things such as that your CV clearly lists the requirements above, and that you are eligible to work in New Zealand. If you are not – then please do not apply for this role.
Once pre-screening of your application has been completed, it will then be reviewed by one of our team. If we like what we see, we will email you for an interview. The first interview is normally a phone call (unless you live close by), and then if that goes well, we will invite you for an in-person interview at our offices. We can’t wait to meet you!
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org – note, all applications will be kept confidential.